About 96 percent of people agree that a smile is an essential part of a first impression. Smiling is an important part of life that sends messages to yourself and other people. Here are some of our favorite smile quotes to help you understand the importance of beaming and to help put a grin on your face.
“A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” –Phyllis Diller
- Smiling is generally defined as an upturning of the lips. When your mouth curves upward, it makes you feel happier, friendlier, more confident, and more energetic. It’s almost impossible to feel sad when you’ve got a smile on your face.
“A smile is the universal welcome.” – Max Eastman
- Hugs, handshakes, bows, and kisses all mean different greetings in different cultures. A smile, however, always represents joy. Although you can smile for different reasons, like confidence, happiness, laughter, or pride, when people see you, they’ll know you’re feeling positive.
“A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” –Charles Gordy
- Smiling lifts up your facial muscles and narrows your eyes for an instant facelift. Cosmetic treatments can also hide aging effects to make you look younger by creating a bright, fresh grin.
“Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.” –Janet Lane
- Your facial expression is how people will judge you. About 50 percent of people report that a smile is the first facial feature they notice about another person. A smile can overpower your other features, making you look more fun to be around.
“Peace begins with a smile.” –Mother Teresa
- A smile is a warm message for other people. It shows others that you’re offering a friendly expression and kind welcome.
How many times did you smile while reading the above quotes? Most smiles come from thinking about other smiles. Dr. Kobak can help you receive a smile that you’ll want to show off. Contact Syosset Dental at (516) 433-2211 to schedule an appointment to start smiling more.